Mussels, Tomatoes and ethereal Egg Tortang Tahong is a simple dish that’s hearty and succulent. This seafood omelette is succulent served with fumed rice and your favorite sauce.
Mussels are one of my favorite seafood, so I ’m always looking for new ways to enjoy them. I’ve several succulent fashions with this shellfish as a main component, similar as crisp tahongs,
inelegant baked mussels, and mussels cooked a la gambas, and I ’m agitated to add this omelette to the list.
This tortang tahong is a barrel of mussels, shallots, scallions and tomatoes seasoned with oyster sauce and also outgunned with ethereal eggs.
I had a big piece of it for lunch paired with a stew and banana ketchup dip and oh, yum! It’s such a simple dish to make, but succulent and stuffing.
Omelet is of course succulent with rice, but I’ve been known to stuff it between warm loaves of pandesal or sliced chuck with a generous nugget of mayo.
It sounds like an odd combination, but it’s worth a pass 🙂
This cutlet is a simple mess that you can put together in twinkles. I usepre-cooked, shelled mussels from Asian supermarkets, which makes the whole medication hastily andeasier.However, see the way below, If you’re using fresh mussels.
How to clean and cook mussels.
- Soak the mussels in a coliseum of cold water.
- for about 20 twinkles to remove any dirt and beach. Drain well.
- drop the shells under cold handling water with a kitchen encounter and scrape off any tough filaments with a cutter.
- Remove the beard or byssus by pulling over towards the hinge of the shell and outward.
- For any open bones , gently cutlet and stay for it to close; if the shell doesn’t close after tapping, discard it.
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring about 1 mug funk stock or1/2 mug water and dry wine to a pustule.
- Add11/2 to 2 pounds of bones and cover.
- Reduce the heat to medium and chef, stirring sometimes, for about 3 to 6 twinkles or until the bones open wide.
- Using a slotted ladle, remove the mussels from the pot and discard any unopened shells.
- Using a chopstick or shearing cutter, gently pry the mussel meat from the shell and use in the form as directed.
Mussels, Tomatoes and Fluffy Egg Tortang Tahong is a simple dish that’s hearty and succulent. This seafood omelet is great served with fumed rice and your favorite sauce.
- Preparation time 10 min
- cuisine time 20 min
- Total time 30 twinkles
- By Lalaine Manalo
- Course Main appetizer
- 6 eggs
- swab and pepper to taste
- 2 soupspoons of rapeseed oil painting
- 2 shallots, hulled and diced
- cloves of garlic, hulled and diced
- large Roma tomatoes, diced
- mug mussel meat, cooked and shelled
- soupspoons of oyster sauce
- mug green onion, diced
- Mix the eggs in a coliseum and add swab and pepper to taste. Beat the eggs until foamy. Set away.
- toast the oil painting in a visage over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring sometimes, until soft.
- Add the mussels and cook for about 1 to 2 twinkles.
- Add the oyster sauce and stir to combine.
- Add beaten eggs, swirling visage to completely disperse over mussels.
- Top with green onions.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 twinkles, or until the eggs begin to set on the edges but are still wet in the center.
- Transfer the visage to a 375 F roaster. Continue cooking for about 8 to 10 twinkles or until the eggs are fully set.
- Remove from heat and cut into wedges to serve.